Bellingham Massage Therapy Services
What Is Massage?
Swedish Massage (relaxation of body with massage and breath work), Effleurage (rhythmic strokes to increase circulation), Petrissage (kneading of the muscles), Tapotement (percussion tapping on the body to create fast twitch muscle contractions), Direct Pressure (to release tension deep in muscle body), Deep Tissue (focusing on consistent pressure of 6-7 out of 10 through duration of massage), Vibration (break up muscle contractions), Manual Lymphatic Drainage (increase inertia of lymphatic system), and Cupping Therapy (using cups to lift the layers of skin to move toxins) to name a few.
Your First Treatment
Massage therapy can be performed in a chair, on the floor, on a treatment table, lying face down, face up or lying on your sides. Some people prefer to bring extra clothes to wear while being massaged, while others prefer to be undressed to their comfortably while lying under a clinical treatment sheet.
Please try to be hydrated prior to your treatment, eliminating caffeine and alcohol the day of your treatment. The main goal of massage therapy is to increase circulation and help the body move fluids. This is achieved with greater success when the client is hydrated and not caffeinated or intoxicated. We will offer you tea or water in the case you are thirsty. We will also offer you heated tables or blankets in the case you are cold. Our treatments consist of the following:
- Comprehensive Massage Intake
- 5-10 minute review of health intake and discuss chief complaint
- Massage therapy utilizing multiple massage modalities
- An Initial Report may be sent to your primary care provider upon request
- Treatment plans and timeline of care, which may or may not include acupuncture, are balanced and easy to accommodate into your schedule.
Benefits Of Massage
- Safe and effective in treating acute or chronic health issues
- Provides a drug-free option to pain relief
- Provides immediate symptom relief
- Massage is a holistic medicine; The whole body is considered in the treatment – the illness, the Body, Mind and Spirit.
- Massage is an effective treatment for many common ailments.
Most Common Conditions We Treat With Massage
- Massage for Pre or Post Operative Procedures
- Massage for Endometriosis
- Massage for Muscle Pain, Strains, Sprains
- Massage for Patients living with Cancer
- Massage for Chronic Pain or Auto Immune disorders such as Fibromyalgia and Rheumatoid Arthritis