Shannon Freeman-Hrutfiord, LAC, EAMPAcupuncture / ABW Business Owner WA LIC #MA00012766
Specializing in reproductive health, orthopedic recovery and care, sports medicine and pain management.
“Are you seeking an acupuncturist who is compassionate, listens, understands, and can treat the whole person?”
“Many of my patients appreciate that I have over 20+ years in clinical bodywork. At age 20, I was a certified nursing aid in a clinical setting and private home care. That career built my compassion and care for patients. Then at age 26, I became a Licensed Massage Practitioner. This built my knowledge of body mechanics and injury/treatment. At age 39, I transitioned into Acupuncture. Acupuncture encouraged me to blend and create a fusion of all of my previous training with Acupuncture to create a compassionate healthcare model, utilizing fundamental knowledge and experience in treatment, and encouraging the bodies natural ability to recover.”
- NCCAOM Board Certified
- Master Level Diploma Acupuncture
- American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine (pending)
- Washington Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine Association, Professional Member
- Licensed Massage Practitioner
- Specialized training Homeopuncture, Biopuncture and Segmental Therapy
Shannon Freeman, L.Ac., EAMP, LMP, is a Diplomat of Acupuncture and is board certified by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, a licensed as Massage Practitioner and founder of A Better Way Massage and Acupuncture, a Medical Massage and Acupuncture Rehabilitation and Medical Massage clinic in Ferndale, WA, and co-founder and acupuncturist of Bellwether Medical Acupuncture and Massage, a Medical Acupuncture clinic located in the beautiful Bellwether area in Bellingham, WA.
She has been a licensed massage practitioner since 1999. Her many years as a massage therapist has supercharged her acupuncture skills. She has worked in a variety of settings, including Wells Plastic Surgery and Skin Care in Lexington, KY, Progressive Physical Therapy in Lexington, KY and Birchwood Women’s Health Clinic for Reproductive Health Services in Bellingham, WA.
Throughout her career, Shannon has had an active interest in pain management through homeopuncture, segmental therapy, and biopuncture, reproductive health, orthopedic recovery and care, and sports medicine. In her practice and writing, she has emphasized the need to educate and offer patients alternative care and treatment for many difficult issues without adding additional harmful and addicting narcotics.
Currently, Shannon is working on obtaining her specialist certification from the American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine (ABROM). Shannon earned her Master’s level acupuncture diploma from Middleway Acupuncture Institute and her Diplomat of Acupuncture from the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine. She is also holds a Bachelors in Human Service and Education from Western Washington University. She is an active member of the Washington Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine Association and the American Acupuncture Counsel.
Shannon is an IN NETWORK Preferred Provider for Aetna, BlueCross BlueShield Fedral Employee Programs, BlueCard PPO/EPO and BlueCard Traditional network(s), ChoiceCare, Cigna, Commercial Insurance, Community Health Plan of WA (CHPW), Coventry Health, First Choice Health, Group Health PPO, Group Health Options, Healthways WholeHealth Network, Health Management Administrators (HMA), KPS Health Plans, Lifewise, Personal Injury Claims, Premera, Regence BlueShield, Soundpath Health, Uniform Medical, United Healthcare, Workman’s Compensation. Prompt pay discounts available for Medicare patients. Call 360-366-4216 to schedule appointment.
Additional Clinical Training and Certifications:
Pain Management and Orthopedics
- Electro Acpuncture for Pain and Orthopedics
- Electro Acupuncture for Pain and Orthopedics – Advanced Studies
- Gua Sha Complete Training by Arya Nielsen, PhD
- Acupressure for Massage Therapists – Advanced Study
American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine (ABROM) Certification Training
- Integrative Fertility Symposium 2015
- Integrative Fertility Symposium 2016
- Addressing Fertility Issues in Advanced Maternal Age
- Lab Testing and Hormonal Assessment for Infertility
- The Treatment of Infertility Full Course
- Treating Infertility with the Eight Extraordinary Vessels
- Western Reproductive Endocrinology
- Women’s Health: Supporting Fertility and Endocrine Function with Chinese Herbs
- Practical Skills for a Successful Fertility and Pregnancy Practice
- Developing a Working/Productive Relationship with Medical RE&I Clinical Practice
- CPR for Acupuncturists-Meets NCCAOM Requirements
Proof of any/all NCCAOM Certification courses listed above, available upon request.